Thursday 28 February 2013

Kelly Clarkson Blasts Clive Davis Memoir

Posted by Unknown | 19:48 Categories: , , , , ,
(Johannes Simon/Getty Images) (credit: Johannes Simon/Getty Images)

NEW YORK (CBS NEWS) - Pop star Kelly Clarkson isn’t singing her praises over record executive Clive Davis’ new memoir.

The “Stronger” singer says she wants to set the record straight over what she calls “false information” in Davis’ book. She claims the 80-year-old Sony Music Entertainment CCO mixed up details and omitted others when writing about her. “I refuse to be bullied and I just have to clear up his memory lapses … It feels like a violation,” the 30-year-old Clarkson said in a recent online post, “Growing up is awesome because you learn you don’t have to cower to anyone — even Clive Davis.”

Clarkson cites an incident in Davis’ book in which he allegedly claims that she cried in his office after not wanting the chart-topping single “Since You’ve Been Gone” on her album. She claims this is false, and that she did cry in his office once but that was over another song, “Because of You,” which Davis did not want on the album.

Among her other claims, Clarkson says that Davis once “stood up in front of his company at a convention and belittled me and my music.” That’s not in the book either.

Davis responded to Clarkson’s post on Tuesday, describing Clarkson as “a tremendous vocal talent and performer.” He wrote in an online post, “I am truly very sorry that she has decided to take issue with what I know to be an accurate depiction of our time together. Before the book was published, I had every fact checked with five independent individuals who were present on a daily basis throughout it all. The chapter as it is written was thoroughly verified by each and every one of them. I stand by the chapter as written in my book. At the same time I wish, and will always wish, Kelly’s talent and her career to soar to ever new heights.”

Aside from Clarkson’s criticisms, Davis’ memoir “The Soundtrack of My Life” has also been in the headlines lately for the music mogul’s revelation in the book that he is bisexual. “The Soundtrack of My Life” is now available in stores.

Also Check Out:



View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin
  • Youtube